THE MUSIC PROJECT
A RESEARCH PROJECT ON MUSIC & HEALTH
Welcome to The Music Project page! I (Miss Parsons - aka Jo) am a music therapist, music teacher and inclusion specialist at our school and I have started a music and health research project.
I am interested in how music can be helpful for everyone at our school – children, families and staff. This page is dedicated to the project and is a place where you can be involved in the research and our overall musical community!
Please watch the videos below for more information about the project!
Besides music therapy and music education, this project focuses on what YOU do with music in your everyday life and how it may help.
This page will be used to share, highlight and maybe even inspire others with your very own musical practices.
Examples of what to share could be:
- A link to song your household listens to at home
- A picture of someone engaging in music (listening/writing/playing)
- A document of song lyrics that mean something to you
- Song lyrics that someone may have written
- A written description of a musical memory or a letter about what music means to you/people in your life
If you’d like to share something, ask a question or get in touch for any other reason, please complete the Contact Form below.