I’m sure you are aware that we have started learning about Space this term. The children are so excited about their learning and are already doing their own research and amazing us with fascinating facts about the different planets.
In previous years, we have created a Space Expo in the Gym and Hall where parents can come and admire all of the children’s hard work. We are very keen for our current Year 5 to share in this amazing experience.
HOME LEARNING PROJECT –
WHAT DO HUMANS NEED IN ORDER TO LIVE ON ANOTHER PLANET?
As a home learning project, we would like the children to research a planet of their choice. Please see the research sheet for the facts they will need to learn. They then need to consider what they could create that would allow a human to be able to live on that planet. Again, see the pictures of previous models that have been created, for inspiration.
1. Identify what we need to survive on Earth
2. Choose a planet
3. Identify the conditions on that planet
4. Design and build a device or model village so that humans can survive on that planet!
1. The Earth is an average 15 ⁰C so humans are not too hot and not too cold.
3. Venus is the hottest planet in the Solar System (average 462⁰C)
4. Build a refrigerated home that uses sunlight and inverts into cool air.
Models and research will need to ready for the week beginning 14th March. An invitation to attend our Space Expo will be sent out at a later date.
Thank you for your help and support with this exciting project. If you have any questions or need help with resources, please let your class teacher know.